University of Waterloo
Electronic Thesis Project
Reports and Presentations
- Christine Jewell,
"Working with Students", Canadian ETD and Open Repositories Workshop,
May 10 - 11, 2010.
- Christine Jewell, Lisa Tomalty-Crans and William Oldifield, "From Electronic Theses to an Institutional Repository", presented at CANHEIT 2007 May 28, 2007.
- Jewell, Christine, William Oldfield, and Sharon Reeves (2006) "University of Waterloo Electronic Theses: Issues and Partnerships." Library Hi Tech 24.2, pp.183-196.
- "Required Open Access to ETDs: Technical, logistical, and philosophical implications" presented at ETD 2006,The 9th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- "Submitting Your Thesis Online" provides background information about the project and an overvew of submission process
- Bunch, M. and Jewell, C. (2004). "Phases and Issues in the Transition to ETDs". In E. A. Fox, C. R. Weisser & J. M. Moxley (Eds.), Electronic theses and dissertations: A sourcebook for educators, students, and librarians (pp. 233-246). New York : Marcel Dekker.
- "Electronic Theses and Dissertations: Benefits, Issues, and the University of Waterloo Approach" presented at the University of Manitoba, May 2002 (best viewed with Internet Explorer, or view the Power Point Show).
- "UW E-Thesis Project: Current Status" presented at the Canadian Digital Libraries Symposium, Ontario Science Centre, November 28, 2001
- "University of Waterloo ETD Flowchart" presented at the Fourth International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California. March 22-24, 2001
- "Overview of University of Waterloo's Electronic Thesis Project", presented at the Consultation Session on Electronic Theses, Ottawa, sponsored by CIDL, NLC, CARL, and CAGS, December 4, 2000
- "Campus Collaboration" presented at the Third International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations, University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, Florida, March 16-18, 2000
- Business Plan, prepared by Christine Jewell, Chair, Electronic Thesis Project. Prepared for UW Library Planning and Priorities Group, February 17, 1999