Library Update - December 2004
- “Campaign Waterloo”, officially launched in March 2004, has now raised $229 million of its $260 million target (88%).
- A substantial donation of $3 million from the Lyle Shantz Hallman Foundation has just been announced. The donation will be used for an endowment fund to support in perpetuity the position of Lyle Shantz Hallman Director of the School of Pharmacy. The school is scheduled to open in downtown Kitchener in 2007.
- The University is now engaged in an official Sixth-Decade Planning process.
- The RBC Information Commons was officially opened on November 23rd.
- The University of Waterloo School of Architecture and the Musagetes Architecture Library were officially opened on October 22nd (see http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/architecture/)
- Library spending per student, and especially library acquisitions per student, had a significant and positive impact on UW’s Maclean’s rankings.
- Planning for library resources and services for the School of Pharmacy is underway.
- OCUL recognized the leadership of Carol Stephenson in the OCUL Racer project. Faye Abrams has now been seconded as OCUL Projects Officer for more than five years.
- The Interlibrary Loan Document Delivery and TUG Book and Article Retrieval functions have been combined into an integrated Resource Sharing service.
- Shabiran Rahman, a former liaison librarian at UW, has been appointed as Head of the Porter Information Services and Resources Department.
- We are currently recruiting for three positions: Head of the Davis Information Services and Resources Department; Associate University Librarian, Information Management and Systems Services; and Director, Organizational Services
Last Updated: February 25, 2013