Students, faculty, and staff have picked up over 30,000 of the Library's regular library buttons since they were launched.
... Now it's your turn to design one of the next library-inspired buttons to be distributed at all of the Library's locations!
The Challenge: Design a Library-Inspired Button
The challenge is simple!
- Design a library-inspired button. "Library-inspired" is very broad (we know), but we encourage you to be creative! Draw, paint, photograph, etc. whatever inspires you about the University of Waterloo Library or libraries in general
- The top 10 button designs will be printed and distributed in all of the Library's locations starting the fall 2012 term
- All entrants will receive 5 buttons with their button design
How to Enter
- Design a 1-inch button. See our instructions and 1-inch button template to help you design the button to scale. (It's much easier than you think!)
(high-resolution, in either .pdf or .jpg format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31
- $250 cash for the #1 button design
- The top 10 designs will be distributed in all of the Library's locations starting fall 2012
Some important things you'll need to know, include:
- This contest is only open to registered University of Waterloo students
- You can enter as many button designs as you'd like, but only one design per person will be selected for the final 10 designs. Additionally, we can only make 5 buttons of one design (so you'll need to choose your favourite design to have printed)
- Entries must follow the size and format requirements. See our button-making instructions and template for help with this
- Entries must be received before or on March 31
Other Useful Information
- Winners will be selected and announced by April 13
- The winning design will be selected by a group comprised of students and library staff
For more information, contact:
Communications and Liaison Librarian
, Communications and Liaison Librarian
March 7, 2012