The UW Library Today
Photo of the Davis Centre Library's entrance.
Our goal is to humanize and enrich the learning process by organizing library workspaces and services around an integrated digital environment.
- The UW Library is a leader in the application of information technology
- Our libraries are popular spots for students and researchers—last year we recorded over 1.5 million visits
- UW Library users have access to a combined collection of over 7 million items
- Our Electronic Library—with 15,000 hits per day—is a gateway to our extensive and growing collection of resources and services
- Faculty, students, and staff can access over 8,000 full-text electronic journals from any workstation located on or off campus
- Our libraries are open 339 days per year, and we continue to increase our hours of operation to meet student requirements
- We extend our services to community members, visiting researchers, and local high school student
(Communications Librarian), ext. 32446
Library Communications and Development
February 12, 2009