Why a Strategic Review?
The Library has a history of engaging in periodic reviews. We initiated the current strategic Library Review in the fall of 2011. It is very much an iterative process that is about building on our strengths, engaging broadly with our users and each other, and being strategic and forward looking.
Running in tandem with and informed by the University’s Mid-Cycle Review (MCR) and other strategic planning activities across campus, the Library Review sets the stage for a renewed annual planning and priorities setting process that will enable the Library to stay ahead of the curve by ensuring that our staffing, budgets, resources, and services are appropriate for the new evolving environment and are aligned with both the University’s and Library’s strategic directions and priorities.
Announcements & Updates
- The Library Review: Campus Consultation Document was widely distributed, with specific requests for feedback from Executive Council members, Deans and Department heads, Senate committee members and faculty, student and staff leaders, and select library leaders from other university libraries. We invite you to review representative feedback received during this phase.
- We welcome your input on the Library's draft strategic directions. We have released our Library Review: Campus Consultation Document. Please submit feedback directly to the University Librarian, Mark Haslett.
- All Staff Meeting on Wednesday, June 20 - Presentation slides include reports from all of the Library Review working groups.
- University Librarian Mark Haslett presented a Library Review Update to senate on March 26.
- Update - March 16 - We have posted working groups' memberships as well as an update that summarizes the groups' activities so far.
- All Staff Meeting on Wednesday, February 8 - Presentation slides are available on the presentations page.
- Library Retreat on December 15 & 16 - 23 Library staff members met at the CIGI campus in Uptown Waterloo for a day and a half retreat.
- Meeting with uWaterloo President, Feridun Hamdullahpur - Library staff were invited to meet with uWaterloo President, Feridun Hamdullahpur.
- Facilitation Sessions: Information about facilitators and session dates are now available.
Communications and Liaison Librarian
November 14, 2012