Extended Library Hours
From November 27 to December 22, the Dana Porter and Davis Centre Libraries will extend their hours to accommodate student study needs.
The Dana Porter Library's extended hours for the Fall 2005 exam period are from 8 am to 2 am daily.
The Davis Centre Library will be open 24 hours a day during the exam period, with the exception of Sundays between 2 am and 8 am (so that systems maintenance can be performed).
Please remember that at both libraries:
- there will be staff present to monitor the library environment for service and security purposes during the extended hours
- all study spaces (tables, carrels, computer workstations, rooms) in both libraries will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Please remember that at the Davis Center Library:
- notes will be placed in unoccupied study spaces stating that all personal items will be removed in 30 minutes if the space is still vacant at that time
- removed items (books, jackets, bags, etc.) will be placed on a table near the elevator, while food items will be disposed: if this happens, a new note will be placed at the study space with an explanation as to why these items were removed and where they can be located
- the staff will also monitor for noise, cell phone use, and hot foods that are not permitted in the library environment
Please visit the Library Hours web page for a list of building and service times.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Circulation Services, Lending
Rachel Caldwell, Associate, Library Communications and Information Services
, Co-ordinator, Library Communications and Web Management
, Assistant, Library Communications and Web Development
August 9, 2006