Extended Hours and the DC Exam Study Zone
To accommodate students preparing for exams, the Library will be extending its hours from November 29 to December 22 for the exam period. The DC Exam Study Zone will also be in effect at the Davis Centre Library during this time.
For the fall 2009 exam period, the extended hours are:
- Dana Porter Library: 8 am to 2 am daily
- Davis Centre Library: 24 hours a day, with the exception of Sundays between 2 am and 8 am (when systems maintenance needs to be performed). The Davis Centre Library will be an Exam Study Zone for the extended hours period, meaning that quiet study guidelines will be strictly enforced.
At both libraries:
- study spaces (tables, carrels, computer workstations) in both libraries will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- study rooms are bookable through the online booking system
- service desks and related services will be closed at regular times (Porter at 11:00 pm and Davis at midnight)
- there will be attendants present to monitor the library environment and for security purposes, and they will also monitor for noise, cell phone use, and hot foods that are not permitted in the library environment
Please visit the Library Hours web page for a list of building and service times.
For more information, contact:
Manager, Circulation Services, Lending
, Communications and Liaison Librarian
, Co-ordinator, Library Communications and Web Management
, Assistant, Library Communications and Web Development
November 26, 2009