To accommodate students preparing for exams, the Library will be extending its hours from July 25 to August 14 for the exam period.
For the spring 2010 exam period, the extended hours are:
- Dana Porter Library: Regular hours (8 am to 11 pm, Monday to Friday; 11 am to 11 pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- Davis Centre Library: 24 hours a day, with the exception of Sundays between 2 am and 8 am (when systems maintenance needs to be performed). Also note that the Davis Centre Library will be an Exam Study Zone for the extended hours period, meaning that quiet study guidelines will be strictly enforced. There will be attendants present to monitor the library environment and for security purposes, and they will also monitor for noise, cell phone use, and hot foods that are not permitted in the library environment
At both libraries:
- study spaces (tables, carrels, computer workstations) in both libraries will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- study rooms are bookable through the online booking system
- service desks and related services will be closed at regular times (Porter at 11:00 pm and Davis at midnight)
On the last day of extended hours (August 14) the Davis Centre Library will close at midnight and the Dana Porter Library will close at 11:00 pm.
Please visit the Library Hours web page for a list of building and service times.
For more information, contact:
Circulation Services, Supervisor: Lending
, Communications and Liaison Librarian
, Co-ordinator, Library Communications and Web Management
, Assistant, Library Communications and Web Development
August 3, 2010