The Library's Plans for Congress
Congress 2012 begins in a couple of days and the Library is planning a wide range of services and activities to support delegates.
During the week, both the Dana Porter and Davis Centre libraries will be opening at 7:30 am daily. Delegates are invited to take advantage of these things at the Dana Porter Library:
- The Library’s public workstations – no login required
- Printing services available at media.doc – situated across from the Dana Porter Library’s café
- Our Research Help Desk where skilled staff can help delegates from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm with any research questions sparked during Congress
- Free leisure reading books and magazines (main floor), donated by library staff
We will also have a range of displays available within the Dana Porter Library for delegates to enjoy:
- REAP’s interactive media display (main floor) – Not to be missed!
- A “Big Thinkers” display that includes works by the Big Thinker speakers (main floor)
- “Highlights from Special Collections” that showcases a selection of holdings from the Doris Lewis Rare Book Room (1st floor / lower level)
- “Fun Facts About the Dana Porter Library” that highlights through mostly visuals all the fun and random facts about the Dana Porter Library (main floor)
The Congress Planning Team has also prepared a Congress 2012: uWaterloo Library Guide to assist delegates with library and conference information during Congress.
We anticipate that the Dana Porter Library will be very busy during the week and we look forward to welcoming delegates to explore and enjoy our spaces and services.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Liaison Librarian
Congress Volunteer Handbook
, Communications and Liaison Librarian
, Co-ordinator, Library Communications and Web Management
, Assistant, Library Communications and Web Development
May 25, 2012