Extended Hours for the Exam Period
To accommodate students preparing for exams, the Library will be extending its hours from July 22 to August 10 for the exam period.
Students studying at the carrels in the DC Library. Photo: Neil Trotter, Studio 66
For the spring 2012 exam period, the extended hours are:
- Dana Porter Library: 8 am to 11 pm Monday to Friday, 11 am to 11 pm Saturday and Sunday
- Davis Centre Library: 24 hours a day, with the exception of Sundays between 2 am and 8 am (when systems maintenance needs to be performed).
Also note that the Davis Centre Library will be an Exam Study Zone for the extended hours period, meaning that quiet study guidelines will be strictly enforced. There will be attendants present to monitor the library environment and for security purposes, and they will also monitor for noise, cell phone use, and hot foods that are not permitted in the library environment.
At both libraries:
- study spaces (tables, carrels, computer workstations) in both libraries will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- study rooms are bookable through the online booking system
- service desks and related services will be closed at regular times (Porter at 11 pm and Davis at midnight)
On the last day of extended hours (August 10) the Davis Centre Library will close at midnight and the Dana Porter Library will close at 11 pm.
Please see our Library Hours for a list of building and service times.
For more information, contact:
Mary Lynne Bartlett
Circulation Services, Supervisor: Lending