Group Collaboration Booth
The group collaboration booth is located on the main floor of the Dana Porter Library, across from the Circulation and Reserves Desk. It is bookable through the Library's study room booking system for up to 6 people and includes a 27’’ LCD monitor that is connected to a library workstation that can also be connected to a personal laptop.
Connecting Your Laptop
- Plug the VGA cable found on the desktop into the VGA port on your laptop (if you have a DVI connector on your laptop you can borrow a DVI (larger white connecter) adapter from the Circulation Desk )
- Click the Source button on the Samsung monitor (third button left of the power button shown in the image below – with blue dot) and select PC
- Use your laptops Function (Fn) button with required function key (i.e. Toshiba uses Fn & F5 and IBM/Lenovo uses Fn & F7)
- When you’ve disconnected your laptop please reselect the DVI option using the Source button as described above to switch back the video to the Library PC
- Please return the adapter if you had to borrow one to the Circulation Desk.
October 30, 2008